At Ted’s Café Escondido, the health and safety of our guests and employees has always been our number one priority, both before and after the COVID-19 pandemic. Ted’s has implemented several procedures and guidelines that allow us to operate safely and effectively in this new environment:
- All employees are required to wear masks, including servers, managers and server assistants.
- Prior to entering any areas beyond the lobby, employees are required to wash their hands in the public restroom and have their temperature taken.
- All areas in the lobby, including the host counter and waiting benches, are sanitized after each use.
- All menus are sanitized after each use. Disposable menus available upon request.
- During peak times where social distancing in the lobby area is not possible, guests will be asked to provide a cell phone number so the host can text them when their table is ready. Guests can join the wait list prior to arriving on our website.
- Dining rooms are currently operating at a reduced capacity.
- All condiments and drink menus have been removed from the tables and are available upon request.
- Tables and chairs are sanitized after each party leaves.
- All drinks, including bar drinks, are served with packaged straws only.
- Silverware is sanitized after each use and wrapped in a cloth napkin by a team member wearing gloves. Disposable flatware/napkins available upon request.
- All employees, including our to-go team, are required to wear masks and will practice as much social distancing as possible when delivering orders to guests.
- In order to reduce the number of times a to-go order is handled by our team, employees will no longer open to-go orders for guests at pick up.
- Curbside to-go will continue to be an option for the foreseeable future for any guest who would prefer that service.
- Curbside to-go guests are encouraged to use credit cards for payment versus cash in order to reduce contact. Online ordering is also available at select locations.
Other Items of Note
- All door handles and other high touch items within the restaurant are sanitized every 30 minutes at a minimum.
- Restrooms are checked every 15 minutes to ensure cleanliness and soap/paper towels are available.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please reach out to a member of our management team. Ted’s continues to encourage personal responsibility for all of our guests in following any local and city ordinances that may be in place. Thank you for being our guest and we appreciate all of your support during this unprecedented time.